nagios starting problem

Askar Ali askarali at beaconet.net
Mon Dec 19 15:12:49 CET 2005

I have installed nagios 2.0b6 on OS slackware, when I starts it, it
gives error...
(actaully migrated from one machine to another which were running 2.0b2)

/etc/rc.d/rc.nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
No directory, logging in with HOME=/

however its working, secondly *sometime* when I stop nagios by
/etc/rc.d/rc.nagios stop it gives error no nagios.lock file find and
show me the long listing of Usage.

I even replaced the init script of 2.0b6 with 2.0b2 but still the same
error.

any idea where i'm making some mistake?

regards

Askar Ali