Dependencies

fire-eyes sgtphou at fire-eyes.org
Sat Dec 17 01:44:34 CET 2005

I am using 1.3, and reading about dependencies.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/dependencies.html

I am interested in host dependencies. When I used nagios perhaps over a
year ago, I thought it was host dependencies which allowed me to get the
status map drawn in such a way where you could see hosts connected
"through" other hosts. This made it clear the organization and location
in the network.

I can't seem to make this happen, though nagios -v doesn't complain
about anything at all.

Is there any better documentation on this? Being dyslexic doesn't help
(I can't keep straight the relation between host_name and
dependent_host_name)...