plugins for windows services

Petri Niemela petri.niemela at epte.fi
Fri Dec 16 23:08:07 CET 2005

I have found a SNMP based plugin that is able to monitor processes in
windows servers. There is only on small problem, if application is
started as service you will only see svchost.exe in process list.

Is there any way, without installin software in windows bo, to be able
to get also list of services?

Yours,
Pete

Tedman Eng wrote:

>Here is my complete configuration for windows services.  Hope this helps
>you.
>
>define service{
>        name                  WINDOWS
>        host_name             *
>        use                   generic-service
>        service_description   WINDOWS
>        check_command         check_windows
>        }
>
>I use the check_windows plugin.  This excellent plugin will check the host
>and return critical status if the host is running Windows, OK status
>otherwise.
>

>Sarcasm aside, what have you done in the way of trying to answer your own
>question?
>Did you read the FAQ's?
>Did you look at www.nagiosexchange.org ?
>Did you try Google?
>Did you try?

Petri Niemelä                    EPTE Oy
GSM: +358407000110               FAX: +35895487557
Email: petri.niemela at epte.fi     http://epte.fi