max_check_attempts ignores warnings?

Kurt Yoder ktynagios at richard-group.com
Fri Dec 16 15:37:41 CET 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 2:51 PM, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Kurt Yoder wrote:
>

>> So I want check_attempts to only increment when I'm in critical
>> state, *not* when I'm in warning state. Is it possible for me to
>> configure nagios this way?
>>

> It seems you only want the Critical events. Then why not remove the
> Warnings from your notification?

I've got notifications at "notification_options c,r", so I'm not
sending notifications on warnings. I only wish this were that simple.

I have some services that stay in a warning state for an extended
time. Then when they go to critical, they immediately send out an
alert. This is what I'd like to avoid.

Is there no way to do this?

--
Kurt Yoder