Nagios and a Microsoft "cluster"

Bill Mathews billford at billford.com
Fri Dec 16 03:21:05 CET 2005

    Hans Engelen wrote:

 >Could you provide a little more information on the issue at hand ?

 >A short description of your setup would help. We are defenitly talking
about clustering here right, >not load balancing ? The double ping
response issue sounds more like a load balancing issue.

Well, it's allegedly a failover cluster. I don't control the Microsoft
end of it and I've been told it's a failover. The only details I have is
that we're monitoring it across the Internet, along with a few hundred
other machines and that site is the only one giving us this trouble.
It's somewhat odd.

Setup is nagios latest running on Debian stable, not sure what other
setup info would help.

Thanks,

Bill