Retention File

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Thu Dec 15 21:21:13 CET 2005

Did you zero the file out though?  I surmise the root problem came from
some level of corruption in reading/writing that file... if not present
it will rebuild it from scratch as it schedules checks and gets results.

I was having a problem towards the end where one particular hostgroup of
~800 systems was losing the service state after a restart on _most_ of
its services but not all (those that weren't being saved always lost
state on restart, those that WERE always worked).  I was using retain
service state (just not scheduling), so it was a partial error for this
issue.

/eli