Sound notification on nagios server

Marcio Merlone marcio at ambientebrasil.com.br
Wed Dec 14 21:55:24 CET 2005

On Qua, 2005-12-14 at 18:24 -0200, Marcel Mitsuto Fucatu Sugano wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 11:46 -0200, Marcio Merlone wrote:
> > Yes, but this regards only for web clients browsing nagios, and it is
> > working fine. BUT, I want the sound to be played on the nagios server,
> > not my workstation.
>
> Nagios user has permissions on whatever /dev/dsp devices?

It does now :)

But still no sound. But while checking the permissions, I've got an
improvement. Now the log file /var/log/buzina.log of the script gets
populated....

(Recording the script:)

root at cedro:/etc/nagios# cat /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/sirene
#!/bin/bash
data=`date`
echo "$data Tocando buzina" >> /var/log/buzina.log
/usr/bin/aplay -q /usr/share/nagios/htdocs/media/critical.wav
root at cedro:/etc/nagios#

Good tip, but there is still something wrong.

--
Marcio Merlone <marcio at ambientebrasil.com.br>
Ambiente Brasil