Sound notification on nagios server

Marcio Merlone marcio at ambientebrasil.com.br
Wed Dec 14 20:00:51 CET 2005

On Qua, 2005-12-14 at 15:40 +0000, Deborah Martin wrote:
> probably a dumb question - but why have the sound on your server and not
> through a client front-end ?
> Surely a nagios server would be hosted in a computer room somewhere and the
> clients would be those monitoring
> from their desktops ? Or why not have a web browser open on the server then
> ?

A question is never dumb ;)

The room where my nagios server is hosted is right beside me, at the
reach of my ears. But I don't want to keep my workstation always on,
and, as a matter of fact, I don't have the required plugins on my
browser to play sound - and don't really care for those, don't want
them.

Since the server will be always on, it seems a good idea (for me) to
have the sound notification on it. My support team is indeed very small,
just me and another guy, to deal with 4 linux servers and 2 internet
connections.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Marcio Merlone <marcio at ambientebrasil.com.br>