Monitoring a group of processes

Kevin Alford kevin.alford at tmctechnologies.com
Wed Dec 14 14:37:45 CET 2005

I am running nagios 2.0b5 on Fedora core 3.  I wanted to know if it is
capable of monitoring a group of processes?
An example is smbd and nmbd.  You need both of them to be running for
Samba to be operational.  I can use the command
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -C smbd to see that the smbd
processes are running, and I can do the same thing
For nmbd, but how do I look at them together?  This is just an example.
I am using this to monitor the project specific
Application we run, but it involves multiple processes.  I would like to
monitor each process, and report on the application
Being up as a whole.  Your assistance in this matter is greatly
appreciated.

Kevin D. Alford