Acknowledge Scripts

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Thu Dec 8 21:27:24 CET 2005

You could add a parent to those hosts in order to group them.  Then the 100
powered-off hosts would be marked unreachable and you'd only have to
acknowledge that one parent host.

The 'parent' host does not have to be the real network-parent.  Just some
reliable host that will help indicate the power status of the building. (an
access point, one of the switches, etc.)

We use the same concept to isolate large groups of devices that we need to
'toggle off' for one reason or another.