Nagios with MySQL

Jeff Williams jeffwilliams05 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:31:03 CET 2005

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's possible to have
native db support in 2.0.

This is taken from the What's New in Nagios 2.0 document:

"Native DB Support Dropped - Native support for storing various types
of data (status, retention, comment, downtime, etc.) in MySQL and
PostgreSQL has been dropped. Stop whining. I expect someone will
develop an alternative using the new event broker sometime in the near
future. Besides, DB support was not well implemented and dropping
native DB support will make things easier for newbies to understand
(one less thing to figure out)."

This is not to say that you cannot find an addon that will do this for
you though.

Jeff