Nagios HANGS scheduling info

Mark Plaksin happy at usg.edu
Wed Dec 7 17:41:30 CET 2005

Marco Ramos <mramos at co.sapo.pt> writes:

> Try to tune your service_reaper_frequency and max_concurrent_checks
> values. Take a look at http://nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=115.

Thanks for the pointer!

> Had the same problem a while ago and managed to solve it tunning this
> two options.

What happens when you have the potential for 1000 checks in a minute?  The
math in that FAQ says you should set service_reaper_frequency to 0.50 but
Nagios (2.04b) only allows integers >= 1.

Looking at our "Performance Info" page, most of the time 2-300 were
executed in the past minute but sometimes it's nearly 1000.