Nagios: cgi interface regurally gives errors (nfs related?)

Karim Vaes kvaes at vangenechten.com
Wed Dec 7 10:58:01 CET 2005

Hello,

We'eve setup nagios so that the nagios directory (/usr/local/nagios) is
symlinked to a shared directory on a NAS.  This share is made by NFS
(/etc/fstab => 10.1.1.11:/vol/vol0/shared   /nasdata  nfs
proto=udp,hard,nolock,intr,suid,rsize=32768,wsize=32768).  The reason we
did this is, so that when the first nagios server fails, the second
would be able to take over while having the same configs & status
files.

Yet along with this migration (from disk to shared storage) we upgraded
to the latest release  (1.2 -> 2.05b).  Now from time to time (every
~10min) we get errors in the CGI, whilest the nagios daemon appaers to
be working as it should.  Errors variate from "internal server error" to
"could not read status file".

Anyone an idea how to fix this?

Regards

Karim