Possible BUG: No Service Notifications - HELP!!!

Ron Gage ron.gage at altiris.com
Tue Dec 6 15:51:13 CET 2005

Hi:

I have a fairly small Nagios installation (25 hosts, 50 services).

I can not get any service notifications to fire at all.  None.

I get host notifications without any problems, but absolutely no service
notifications.  Nothing in the notification logs either.  The service
outage is being properly recorded in the logs, but no notification is
firing.

I have verified that service notifications are turned on in the config
files and that the mail command is properly defined.

I have also tried (via the CGI interface) turning notifications off and
on for various services and hosts - no difference.

The part that really bugs me is that there is nothing in the
notification logs when a service problem occurs.

Can anyone offer me some guidance on where to look for this?

RON GAGE
Network Administrator
Wise Solutions, Inc.
T >  +1 734 456 2202
M >  +1 248 343 2431
www.altiris.com <http://www.altiris.com>

Security. Compliance. Patch management. IT service management.
Altiris solves your most pressing IT issues.
www.altiris.com