Probs with nagios-service/status

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Dec 5 16:53:39 CET 2005

/usr/nagios/libexec/check_nagios_db.pl
> and YES, it works from console as root and "su nagios"..
>
> > Also, when you see the error in the CGI, there is a link to follow
for
> more
> > information. What does that page say is the reason it thinks nagios
> > isn't running?

> --------------------
> Process Status:
>   UNKNOWN
> Check Command Output: 	Nagios check command did not return any
output

> --------------------
>
> But that's the point: It worked as nagios (the user of the
process)..?!

My mistake for not remembering this initially... nagios isn't the user
running the check_nagios_db.pl process but rather the user that your web
server is running as. I would verify that your web server process has
permissions to run that script in that directory (normal apache(?)
directives and/or SELinux if it's enabled) and is actually able to run
it.

--
Marc