processing passive host check results

Morten Bekkelund morten.bekkelund at ergo.no
Mon Dec 5 10:33:32 CET 2005

Hi everyone!

First of all I apology if this issue has been raised earlier, but I've
done some googling and haven't found the answer to our problem yet.

I'm having a little issue now and then with our distributed nagios
solution.
Seems sometimes the leefnode is having trouble (or so it seems) sending
"OK" check results to the topnode after a host has been down and gotten
back up. It might be a problem with the topnode not processing the "OK"
check. The leefnode sends an OK status to the topnode and I can find a
"ping OK" in the topnode logfile while the web-pages still only showing
the host as down (yet it's services as UP).

This only happens like 5-10 times pr week on 3200 hosts so it's a fairly
limited problem.

Anyone seen anything similar?
I'm looking for pointers to documentation that helps me solve the
problem or maybe some sort of a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Morten Bekkelund
Nagios-admin, ErgoGroup Sourcing