Using NRPE to call remote event_handlers

Mark Pearson Mark.Pearson at uftwf.org
Sat Dec 3 15:45:30 CET 2005

I am using a sudo in the script as I can run the script that is in the
nrpe.cfg on the machine in question however, when I try to run it via the
check_nrpe command the remote script does not seem to run.

1)      How does everyone else restart services on remotely monitored
computers?  i.e. the Nagios monitor is running on a computer in NY and the
remote computer is in CA.  If the httpd service stops how would you use
nagios to restart the service?

2)      Is there a way I can debug the remote client to see where the
problem is?

Thanks for the reply.

  _____