Getting sms and ContactGroup Problems.

Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT mfatihakbulut at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 12:12:17 CET 2005

hi all.
my first question is this :
i have a GSM Modem and i want to receive sms' through it when a critical
problem occurs in any one of the services i check by nagios.
after pluging this device into my computer, what next should i do so as to
start receiving sms' when anything goes wrong ?
do i need to write any code for this ? (Service definition i mean?)
(ps: if theres a howto or doc page please send link to me or if not please
give some details on achieving this goal.)

and the second one :
i want to have 2 different contact groups: one is for workhours and the
other is outside the workhours.
to briefly explain this : i dont want to receive any mail from nagios in
workhours (will send to someone else), but if something goes wrong outside
the workhours this time the nagios should send the mails just to me (or me
and the other guy that also receive in workhours).
how do i accomplish this :p

any help will be greatly appreciated ;)
Regards,
Bye

(ps: since being a newbie on nagios, open for any idea or suggestion :p)