trouble getting started: getting error 127 out of bounds on check_http

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Dec 1 07:47:26 CET 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:

> hi Aleykey.
> i myself have the same problem for check_ldaps.
> it says : return code of 127 is out of bounds. plugin may be missing :p
> and looking for help for 2 days in mailing lists.
> and received just RTFM (read the fuckin manual) so far.
> i think people in here dont like to help others much :)
> if u find or receive anything helps you solve this problem please forward it
> to me too.
> because i really need the solution too :)

Did YOU install a check_ldaps command? Because it is not a default service
in one of the sample configs I have seen untill today.

As shown in the manual
(http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/beginners.html) you need time to
install this or hire someone to do it for you.

The nagios setup is quite logical but you need to put in work, a lot of
work before it runs with all the service checks because some service
checks must be written by you if no one else did it.

You should not take things for granted or assume they are present just
because you like them to be.

Untill now you have not shown to actually understand how Nagios works or
how you need to configure it.

Hugo.