External Commands not working SOLVED

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Apr 29 00:39:28 CEST 2005

What distro are you using? I haven't seen that before.

> Not sure what that group line means, but I think i can guess, because
> when i change it to
>
> User nobody
> Group nobody
>
> All was well.

It determines what group apache runs as. I would presume that #-1 puts
it in no groups.

> Thanks for help from everybody, especially Marc

No problem. I'm glad you figured it out.

> I'll have to go back and see if I missed something in the docs that
> warns about this, or if there is a good place to add something to that
> effect.

I've not seen anything about it and I'm pretty familiar with the
documentation. A FAQ entry would be good probably --
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/addfaq.php

--
Marc