External Commands not working

Ludse Verhoeven Ludse.Verhoeven at VOPAK.COM
Thu Apr 28 11:22:59 CEST 2005

You're right about this being a permissions issue; either make the
apache-user a member of the nagioscmd-group or alter the group on the
nagios.cmd-file to be group-owned by the apache-group. Then it should work
fine.....

Grtz,
      Ludse Verhoeven

John McGowan <mcgowan at lynch2.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
27-04-2005 22:33

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] External Commands not working

John McGowan wrote:
No question about this being a permissions issue...  I set the
/usr/local/nagios/var/rw directory to 777 and it works fine... Obviously i
don't want to have to do that.  So for some reason httpd either isn't
executing the cgi script as nobody... or the nagiocmd group that has
nobody in it isn't working right...
I can get external command to work if I do the following...

[root at gob rw]# chmod 777 .
[root at gob rw]# chmod g+s .
[root at gob rw]# ls -al
total 8
drwxrwsrwx  2 nagios nagiocmd 4096 Apr 27 15:29 .
drwxrwxr-x  4 nagios nagios   4096 Apr 27 15:30 ..
prw-rw--w-  1 nagios nagiocmd    0 Apr 27 15:29 nagios.cmd

Notice I also have to give world write permissions on nagios.cmd...

/John

/John

John McGowan wrote:

John McGowan wrote: