Web interface performance issues

Smith, Jobey jsmith at vericenter.com
Thu Apr 28 01:51:28 CEST 2005

Hello,

We currently have Nagios monitoring over 1000 hosts with over 2200
service checks and bringing up the Summary pages takes roughly 60
seconds.  Its not the server itself since we've just built another
server for Nagios with dual 2.4 procs and 4gb of ram and it's the same
speed loading as the original server (dual 933mhz, 2gb ram).  I'm
assuming this is so due to Nagios "recreating" the page for each load.
We use that view because we have customer names as hostgroups with hosts
(and their services) assigned to those hostgroups.  Are there any web
performance tips you can recommend?  Can you nest hostgroups within
hostgroups (or would that even speed anything up even if you could)?

Thanks in advance,

Jobey Smith

VeriCenter, Inc.

404-817-8212 (o)