Error Message with check_http

L. Mark Stone lmstone at rnome.com
Wed Apr 27 22:34:57 CEST 2005

On Wednesday, April 27, 2005 04:21 pm, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> Hi there --
>
> I am attempting to get the status of the Apache web server on a
> remote host. To that end I am using the check_http plugin.
> The error message that I am getting when I run the plugin either
> manually or automatically is:
>
> HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
>
> Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this? Thanks.

As Martha would say "It's a good thing."

That message is just the web server's reply to the plugin's request.
The plugin is working fine.

If you browsed to the site you would be challenged for a
username:password, yes?

A Message From...  L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business."

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com