External Commands not working

John McGowan mcgowan at lynch2.com
Wed Apr 27 17:52:02 CEST 2005

I just installed the latest stable version of nagios and am becoming
familiar with it.  I wanted to enable the web interface's ability to
control nagios, so i followed the instructions to enable external
commnads.  For some reason the Web application (CGI) is reporting a "can
not stat()" problem with the external command file.  I've checked and
double checked the permissions/group setting for that file and the
directory containing that file.

Is there anything that might be missing from the documentation to make
this work?

Is there some common mistake or oversight that I could be experiencing.

nagios and apache have been restarted several times...

/John