[Nagiosplug-help] HELP please! newbie to nagios

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Apr 27 17:13:20 CEST 2005

HP Geeza wrote:
> ok fair enuff i will....but at the moment i am really at a dead end.
>
> After looking in the apache logs I see:
> (13)Permission denied: exec of '/usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi'
> failed, referer: http://<ip address>/nagios/side.html
> [Wed Apr 27 13:33:18 2005] [error] [client <ip address>] Premature end
> of script headers: status.cgi, referer: http://<ip
> address>/nagios/side.html

su - <webuser>
/usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi

when that fails, read the man-page for chmod, exit the sub-shell and, as
root, fix permissions until you can run the command manually while
acting as the user the webserver is running as.

> I appreciate your help! - yes i agree i would much rather someone help
> me so that i can fix the problem my self.   At the moment becuase im a
> newbie im not to sure of whats going on.

Which is why I'm pointing you to the next step of the problem solving
process instead of just sending you a five-line script to do the work
for you.

Metaphorically speaking, I'm teaching you how to use bow and arrow
instead of cooking the deer for you.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer