Monitoring Sybase database

Petrucci, Joseph Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com
Wed Apr 27 14:21:23 CEST 2005

MOnitoring Sybase is much like monitoring SQL2000. I wrote my own active plugins using perl and freetds from the nagios server. and wrote my passive plugins using perl and open/client from the host. look at the monitor tables in master database for performance information. I tried to use the sql2000 monitors but a lot of them (I think) use the sysperfinfo table in SQL2000 and do not work on Sybase. What are you looking to monitor I may already have a plugin for it.