R: ldap authentication

guillaume LOHEZ guillaume.lohez at linagora.com
Wed Apr 27 10:23:44 CEST 2005

Here is a little example
Not especially for Nagios but example for LDAPAuth with Apache 2 !!

        AuthName "Acces TFTPD"
        AuthType Basic
        AuthLDAPEnabled on
        AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=visu,o=europa,dc=net"
        AuthLDAPBindPassword "someverysecretpassword"
        AuthLDAPURL
ldap://intranet.pointcom.fr:389/ou=utilisateurs,o=europa,dc=net?uid?sub?(objectClass=*)
        require group cn=acces_tftpd,ou=apache,o=europa,dc=net

Some comments:
    - Name of the auth
    - type of the auth
    - enable ldap
    - a dn which have read access to the LDAP base
    - the password of this dn
    - the url : the name of the server, the port, the dn where your
users resides, what your are looking for (uid), if the query is
recursive or not (sub) and any objectclass
    - what the auth require to grant acces (if the login and passwd
match), here the user needs to be in the group acces_tftpd

I hope, it will help you and some other guys here !! ;-)

Regards
Guillaume

E-mail: guillaume.lohez at linagora.com