check_by_ssh plugin

Ashish maillistsmix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:51:47 CEST 2005

hi all,

                  i am using nagios 2.0b3 on Fedora Core 3 with
Selinux disabled. i am able to configure services on my machine for
remote servers. now i want to check the remote servers harddisk
partions status like how much free space etc........i have tried
check_by_ssh plugin but i didn't got success with it...........i have
tried check_by_ssh plugin from the command prompt and it works great
but it asks for the password there which i don't want to enter. i used
-i parameter of check_by_ssh and it asks me for the passphrase but i
haven't set any passphrase for the linux server...The remote servers
consists of both linux and windows.........i have installed the
plugins 1.4 package available at sourceforge.net......but in that
there is no nrpe plugin.........Does that comes seperately and if it
so where to find it....

--

Thanks,