FW: Help Please "HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 No Host matches server name nagios"

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Apr 26 17:10:36 CEST 2005

hs01ap63.healthsouth.com -p
> 8080 -s "Welcome to JBoss"
> HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 200 OK -   0.009 second response time |time=  0.009
>
> BAD: /usr/local/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http hs01ap64.healthsouth.com
-p
> 8080 -s "Welcome to JBoss"
> HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 No Host matches server name hs01ap64

[snip]

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> I'm starting to think maybe it's not a nagios problem? Maybe Jboss has
> problem?

The error is from your web server. If this were Apache I would say that
you haven't configured it to answer for that hostname (ala vhost). I
haven't used JBoss so I don't know how to tell you to fix it. It would
seem that your other host is configured appropriately though so maybe
you can see what's different between the two.

You might also consider using the -H and -I arguments to check_http to
pass it a hostname that it _does_ recognize --

-H, --hostname=ADDRESS
    Host name argument for servers using host headers (virtual host)
 -I, --IP-address=ADDRESS
   IP address or name (use numeric address if possible to bypass DNS
lookup).

--
Marc