Unexpected trends reports

Edgar Shine eshine at mcosta.eng.br
Sat Apr 23 15:06:24 CEST 2005

If Nagios don´t use SOFT states for reporting, I think it´s reasonable
have a HARD OK state after recovery from a CRITICAL or WARNING HARD state.

I didn´t understand well your point: "The service never shows as being
OK;HARD"
I have these lines in my nagios.log:
[1112843356] SERVICE ALERT:
ipiranga_transportes;PING;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;PING CRITICAL - Packet loss =
0%, RTA = 466.10 ms
[1112843417] SERVICE ALERT:
ipiranga_transportes;PING;CRITICAL;SOFT;2;PING CRITICAL - Packet loss =
0%, RTA = 291.20 ms
[1112843477] SERVICE ALERT:
ipiranga_transportes;PING;*CRITICAL;HARD*;3;PING CRITICAL - Packet loss
= 0%, RTA = 411.90 ms
[1112843776] SERVICE ALERT:
ipiranga_transportes;PING;*WARNING;HARD*;3;PING WARNING - Packet loss =
0%, RTA = 150.10 ms
[1112844076] SERVICE ALERT: ipiranga_transportes;PING;*OK;HARD*;3;PING
OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 37.10 ms

The behavior explained below is intermitent and dont´happen often. But I
monitor radios devices with Nagios and there are a lot of state changes
in rainy days.

Maybe a problem in the logging machine state?

Thanks for your comments.

rgds,
Edgar