AW: cisco

Stefano Coletta creator at mindcreations.com
Fri Apr 22 13:14:03 CEST 2005

I've written three simple checks that will query some values from cisco
devices:

define command {
command_name                   check_cisco_cpu
command_line                   $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 -d ' ' -u "% Load (5 mins avg)" -w 60 -c 90 -C
[community] -l 'CPU'
}

define command {
command_name                   check_cisco_mem
command_line                   $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.$ARG1$ -d ' ' -u "bytes free" -w
$ARG2$:$ARG3$ -c $ARG3$:0 -C [community] -l 'Memory'
}

define command {
command_name                   check_pix_sessions
command_line                   $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.147.1.2.2.2.1.5.40.6 -d ' ' -u "Sessions" -w $ARG1$ -c
$ARG2$ -C [community] -l 'PIX'
}

You have just to replace [community] with your community strings or
trasform the community constant to an argument: this if you have
different communities among your installation.
No need for additional scripts.

To query for cisco memory you have to specify the ARG1 number that is an
integer 1, 2 and so on. To know which kind of memory pool you are
querying for. Just give a:
show mem

on you cisco to see how much buffers you have. Specifying 1 or 2 or
everything else you'll check the relative buffer. I suggest you to
change the service description with strings like "System Memory", "I/O
Memory" and so on, just to distinguish between them.

Create services like this:

define service {
host_name                      yourhostname
.. all the properties you need...
service_description            RAM - Processor
check_command                  check_cisco_mem!1!40000000!15000000
}

define service {
host_name                      yourhostname
.. all the properties you need...
service_description            Sessions
check_command                  check_pix_sessions!15000!20000
}

define service {
host_name                      yourhostname
.. all the properties you need...
service_description            CPU
check_command                  check_cisco_cpu
}

You can create additional checks for cisco devices just reading the
Cisco SNMP MIB reference on the Cisco site and changing the MIB value.
You need a valid Cisco account to access these infos.

Hope to be of help.

--
Stefano Coletta

http://www.mindcreations.com