authenticate with LDAP in cgi.cfg

Jordi Vidal jordivi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:59:59 CEST 2005

Hello

I'm using mod_authz_ldap in apache to grant access to /nagios/cgi-bin.
Apache passes the user string in the ldap format, say
"uid=jordivi,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com". I've tried to set up "auth"
variables in cgi.cfg with no luck

authorized_for_system_information=jordivi
authorized_for_configuration_information='uid=jordivi'
authorized_for_system_commands='uid=jordivi,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com'
authorized_for_all_services=etc ...
authorized_for_all_hosts=etc ..
authorized_for_all_service_commands=etc ...
authorized_for_all_host_commands=etc...

Can Nagios read ldap-style users? Is lenght limit for the user string?
Can I encapsulate commas (,) with single quotes, backslashes or
whatever in teh user string?

Regards,.
Jordi