Distributed Nagios / Service Definitions

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Wed Apr 20 16:48:15 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 02:53:53PM -0500, Rodney Caston wrote:
> Can someone who has set this up comment and or provide a sample service
> definition as it would appear on the central server (not the collector)
In my environment we have a central / distributed server setup,
but the check command is defined on both. It makes syncronizing
the config files easier. However, if you don't want to specify
one for the central server, instead create a dummy
always-UNKNOWN command and put it in the generic-service
template. All of the services presumably inherit from it and
will then stop erroring on no check command.

-Jason Martin
--
Machine-independent: does not run on any existing machine.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.