NSClient++ 0.1.0 Alpha 1 released (NRPE, SSL, documenation, fixes)

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Tue Apr 19 00:43:47 CEST 2005

Well, finally got some time (hey, its spring and nice weather :) and
finalized the stuff I have been working on lately.

Mainly the major news is that this is now becoming "stable" not in
regards to "will not crash" but in regards to "I will not change things
around".
The other news are;

* NRPE support
NRPE support is working and i think (have never used NRPE myself so I
don't know) everything that could previously bee done using NRPE should
be working.

* SSL support
SSL support for NRPE.
This is included in the "Socket classes" I have so it would be 4 lines
or so to add SSL support for NSClient but as the client (check_nt) lacks
SSL support I haven't gone there yet but it would be interesting to see
if anyone could add SSL support to the check_nt script and thus make
NSClient "secure" as well.

* Documentation
Nothing remarkable yet but if you look in readme.html you will find a
start (expect more as I have time to write, and also expect a "web page"
soon.
The documentation describes options (configuration), modules (what they
do) and check commands (by module) and also in most cases Options for
the check commands as well as a simple example of how to use the command.

* Fixes
All ower the place (as always)...Heavy refactoring for things to fit
better as I learn how to use the various aspects of things like NRPE,
SSL etc.

* Notice
The binary has yet to be tested at work, this means I have only as of
yet tested it at home (windows XP) but I will do some more checks at
work tomorrow.

You can find it at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/nscplus/

As always feedback is welcome :)

// Michael Medin