Authentication problems for accessing CGI

Rimbert Rivera rrivera at comtex.com
Tue Apr 19 00:24:38 CEST 2005

"Also verify that the user that apache is running as is in the same group as the nagios user if you are recieving this message when trying to write to the external command file.  Hope this helps."

This is the cause of the problem I just had. When I created htpasswd.users, I was logged in as an account that was different from the user Apache was using.  In my case, I just changed the owner and group of that file to the one Apache was using by using the chown command and it works now.

- Rim

Rimbert Rivera
Manager, Information Technology
COMTEX News Network
rrivera at comtex.com
(703) 820-2000
Discover more about COMTEX at: http://www.comtex.com/
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.