NC_Net V2.25

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:59:00 CEST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I have been delaying the release of NC_Net due to tidying up some Bug
fixes and enhancements that I finally finished last week.
(Specifically there was a bug that would report NC_Net as hung during
a reboot even though it was not - this has been fixed)

Below is a list of some of the changes since the last official release.
Note I am planning on reworking the Event Log check in the next few
weeks.  So if the current version is working for you, you may want to
delay downloading the new version of NC_Net until the event Logs have
been upgraded.  The current version is 2.25 and can be downloaded from
nagiosExchange or from the official web site www.shatterit.com/NC_Net

Thank you to all that have tried NC_Net,
The feedback has been a great contribution for fixing issues.
If any outstanding issues exist after testing v2.25 (except for Event
Log) let me know so that they can be addressed.

TOny
amontibello at shatterit.com

NC_Net 2.25 04/16/05 –
Added 04/16/05 -- WMICAT command to NC_Net and check_nt, output of
this check is the concatenated result of a WMI query.
Added 04/16/05 -- fixed some of the documentation in both NC_Net and
check_nt(with NC_Net enhancements.)

NC_Net 2.24 04/12/05 –
Added 04/12/05 -- added external Send_nsca functionality;
Added 04/12/05 -- modified the fileage output (both NC_Net and passive checks)

NC_Net 2.23 04/08/05 –
Added 04/08/05 -– Fix to hung error on reboot.
Added 04/8/05 -- passive_alwayson – Forces passive checks to continue
despite all errors they encounter.
Added 04/8/05 -- Added timeout to send_nsca and active checks, using
active_timout passive_timout in startup.cfg.
Added 04/11/05 -- active_ip_accept_list – added file to validate
active checks source IP.

NC_Net 2.22 03/29/05 -
Added 03/12/05 -- Default Startup is now active check only.
Added 03/29/05 -- change spacing on passive CPULOAD performance output.
Added 03/29/05 -- added cpu_single to startup.cfg for NT4.0 when
performance counter processor does not have any instances.
Added 03/29/05 -- added properties CanPauseAndContinue=false,
CanStop=true to service.
Added 03/29/05 -- removed dependencies on service – they were not helping.