CGI authorizations

Phil Dibowitz phil at usc.edu
Fri Apr 15 22:46:18 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 02:33:07PM -0500, Marc Powell wrote:
> What are you trying to accomplish? Under normal circumstances you'd just
> add them as a contact for the hostgroups that they're responsible for.
> The authorization lines in cgi.cfg are generally for the special
> exceptions.

NOC should be able to do commands for any host or any service, as well as the
'extended info' (they need to be able to view the event log).

The Support Center should be able to view all hosts and services, but not run
commands.

All core Sysadmins should be able to view all and and run commands on any host
regardless of whether we're the contact for it.

Then all other tech contacts only need access to their own hosts.

--
Phil Dibowitz
Systems Architect and Administrator