Problems configuring check_external_commands

Yolanda Santos iamyolanda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:52:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have Nagios 1.2 running correctly, but now I want to start checking
external command, so I have change in nagios.cfg the directive:

                           check_external_commands=1

I compile and restart the nagios service, but it hasn't create the
nagios.cmd file neither rw directory.
Moreover, doing this change, the service doesn't restart and in the
web page appears the typical message (when the service is stopped we
can see the same message)

Whoops!
Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Anybody knows which is the problem?
How can I create de nagios.cmd file?

Thanks,

Yolanda