Alerts log file

Stephane Auger sauger at pre2post.com
Wed Apr 13 20:46:40 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

	I'm trying to use the Nagios log files to create stats using a
custom made program.  Now, I figured out most of the log file except for
one field, and I can't find any docs on it.  Between the Soft/Hard state
and the Message, there's a field with a number, which from what I've
seen is always between 1 and 5.  Does anyone know what it is?

[1113417698] SERVICE ALERT:
testPC;Ping;CRITICAL;SOFT;***HERE***1;CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after
10 seconds

Also, from time to time I get the error message
"Warning: Return code of 139 for check of service 'Ping' on host
'testPC' was out of bounds."
in the log file.  I'm trying to ignore that line through my app, but
would still love to know why it's doing that.  Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

Stephen