No output returned from plugin

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Apr 12 16:20:47 CEST 2005

What more verbose output does it give you when you follow the 'Click
here for more info' link? That would be useful.

> When I had a look on the nagios home page, I read that this message
> was sent when there's no free disk space on the partition where nagios
> is intalled.
> However, there's enough disk space on my nagios server.

That's one of many reasons and probably one of the least likely.

> Now I would to know if there's a link between the error : nagios may
> not be running (and this is not the case because the real status of
> nagios is "started") and the fact that I can not monitor remote hosts.

The cgi's determine if nagios is running by executing the
nagios_check_command as defined in cgi.cfg. There is more information on
that command in the doccos and the file itself. What happens when you
run that command manually? By default it checks for a running process
and that the status file has been recently updated. If either of those
checks fail it assumes that nagios isn't running properly. You may need
to tweak the arguments to the command to match your ps output or, if
you're using a DB backend, change the command entirely (to
check_nagios_db.pl for example).

--
Marc