Compiling Plugins help (newbie)

Calvin Crutchfield ccrutchfield at incodewireless.com
Tue Apr 12 22:25:12 CEST 2005

I'm hoping this is a simple problem.  I have installed nagios and the web
interface and I moved on to the plugins.  Im using the README from the
plugins directory.

Please direct me wise ones...

********* Output from the plugin ./configure is:

config.status: creating po/Makefile
                     --with-cgiurl: /nagios/cgi-bin
                --with-nagios-user: nagios
               --with-nagios-group: nagios
               --with-trusted-path: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
               --with-ping-command: /usr/sbin/ping -n -s %s 56 %d
              --with-ping6-command:
                      --with-lwres: no
                       --with-ipv6: yes
                    --with-openssl: no
      --enable-emulate-getaddrinfo: no

********* But, when I attempt a make I get:

# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in intl
Making all in lib
make  all-am
Making all in plugins
gcc  -g -O2  -L. -o check_icmp  check_icmp.o  ../intl/libintl.a  -lgen
-lsocket
gethostbyname                       check_icmp.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_addr                           check_icmp.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
inet_ntoa                           check_icmp.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to check_icmp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check_icmp'
Current working directory /space/nagios-plugins-1.4/plugins
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'