Nagiosgraph install fails

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Tue Apr 12 17:55:03 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 11:24 am, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Dimitri,
>
> > I have successfully set up nagios 1.2, and have installed nagiosgraph
> > 0.3.  I followed the directions for setting up nagiosgraph exactly.
> > However, nagiosgraph doesn't work. I get the following errors when trying
> > to start nagios:
> >
> > Error: Command 'process-service-perfdata' has already been defined
> >
> > Error: Could not register command (config file
> > '/etc/nagios/checkcommands.cfg', line 221)
> >
> > Can anyone help me out?
>
> When you added the new command 'process-service-perfdata' (presumably to
> checkcommands.cfg) as part of the Nagiosgraph installation, you didn't
> delete the old one that you already had. You can only have one command
> with a given name. Delete the other 'process-service-perfdata' (wherever
> it is) and Nagios should start again.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Hi, Chris.

You're right, and I picked up on that after looking around a bit.  When I
commented out the earlier command 'process-service-perfdata', nagios did
indeed start.

Now that you've been kind enough to point that out, may I press on?  I thought
that I'd be presented with an icon somewhere to actually access nagiosgraph
data.  But, I don't see a thing.  Sorry if this appears lame.

Dimitri