E-Mail notification

Lewis Getschel lgetschel at denver.westerngeco.slb.com
Mon Apr 11 17:56:46 CEST 2005

I have an excellent solution for this problem. My Nagios server isn't a
mail server either.

I Use mailsend
(http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mailsend/mailsend.html)

You point it to another mailserver that you already have running, and
your mail will be sent just fine.

Here is my config for notify-by-epager:
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-epager
        command_line     /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$HOSTALIAS$ :
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n$SERVICEDESC$\nState:$SERVICESTATE$\nDate:$DATETIME$\n>$OUTPUT$"
localmailserver.yourdomain.com -f nagios at localmailserver.yourdomain.com
-t '$CONTACTPAGER$' -sub ""
}
BTW, there is a version for both linux and Windows I use it in my batch
files). This way I can have my servers in both environments send me mail
easily.

Lewis

--
Lewis Getschel             | Today is done...
WesternGeco                |     Today was fun...