hints on using Nagios/NSCA with many hosts/services

Rafael 'Dido' Sevilla dido at imperium.ph
Fri Apr 8 06:13:40 CEST 2005

I'm presently running a distributed Nagios setup with somewhat more than
2000 hosts and 26,000 or so services on these hosts, and am running into
some configuration problems.  After noting that the released version of
NSCA 2.4 has a memory leak that was contributing to the problem, I found
a FAQ item:

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=115

that describes exactly what is happening to my CMS Nagios instance.
However, the distributed servers send NSCA check results faster than the
rate at which the service reaper can process them, even with a reaper
frequency of 1 second, and I see processes accumulating constantly until
I hit swap.

Any hints on handling this case?

--
El sueño de la Razon Produce Monstruos...
http://stormwyrm.blogspot.com/