Distributed Toplogy - check-host-live doubt - Please help needed!

Artur D'Assumpção artur.dassumpcao at di.com.pt
Fri Apr 8 01:23:27 CEST 2005

Sorry, you're right and I apollagize.

My doubt is really simple. I've got a monitoring distributed/recursive
topology like it i've already explained in a previous thread:

---
- root A (this will receive and web publish all the incoming passive
submits. NSCA)
-- root B (this will receive, web publish his results and re-submit them
no root A. NSCA / OSCP)
--- clientB:x (this is a standar client submiting to root B, OSCP with
send_nsca)
-- root C (analogous to root B)
--- client C:x (analogous to client B:x)
----

So the problem is, for example:

Since root A can't reach clientB:x, i'm dependent from root B to obsess
the passive checks submited by client B:x directly to root A. So far so
good, and I confirm this topology works in pefection. But i've got one
problem in root A, since the checks for client B:x are received
passively trough root B and this client is unreachable from root A's
network, I had to redefine the check_command to a "dummy OK" check that
enables the client's services to be checked, otherwise the host would
get stated has DOWN and service checks disabled. But what I really
needed and is exacly the problem I am having, is that root B, that
actually can reach and check actively (with check_command) the clientB:x
status, also notified root A for this status.

If this is possible, root A, like the service checks, will be also
capable to determine the clientB:x status trough the root B submits.

My english is not very well, but I hope I was clear, please ask me to
try to explain better if it wasn't so clear.

Hope anyone could lead me here please.

Tnks,

Artur D'Assumpção