Contactgroups : host vs services

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Thu Apr 7 22:40:04 CEST 2005

Hello,

many choices.... ;)

1) You can define 30 Services for the same check but different
contactgroups = many to type
2) If you have 30 Services and want to deal with a hand full of
contactgroups define a hand full of service templates with this hand
full of contactgroups
3) AFAIK you don't realy apply services to hostgroups... to your hosts
ok, but hostgroups?

The contactgroups in your hostgroup definition will be the target if you
have a host alert but not on a service alert (so under Nagios <2.x)

My suggestion: Read the docs about templates in your object configfiles,
since Nagios 1.1 (I think) you can use them and they are realy usefull.

Hendrik