WG: Missing cgi-files and where is the mail-notification plugin

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Apr 6 10:37:32 CEST 2005

Sebastian Grösche wrote:
> Hi, thx for reading.
>
> 2. Problem: The files (statusmap.cgi, trends.cgi, histogram.cgi)
> don't exists,

You didn't have boutell's GD library and headerfiles installed during
compile-time.

> that's the problem. All other CGI's can be opened via
> Web. Am I right when I think that all Binarys are stored in the
> folder /etc ?

No. /etc is unix-standard for configuration files.

> I think this because every opened cgi file is stored
> there.

You've made some seriously non-standard ./configuration run then, and
you've most likely done it in a fairly dangerous way (if you actually
mean /etc as opposed to /usr/local/nagios/etc).

> 3. Problem: Shure, everything is configured, I have configured that
> in case of an error the command call_admin should be used, but what
> must stand in the command_line ? Please help me, when I produce an
> error I see that the command is opened but I don't know how to say
> that he should send an email.

You'd better get some help from a unix admin. You seem to have several
really trivial problems and you don't know where to start. I suggest you
pay someone to take care of everything for you. Helping you get
everything up and running would simply take too long when you don't have
a basic understanding of the underlying operating system.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer