Nagios and Burglar Alarm System

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Apr 6 10:16:13 CEST 2005

Rob Wirtz wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a site or location that has information on
> integrating Nagios with a standard burglar alarm system.  I know Nagios is
> capable of monitoring environmental statistics with various hardware, and I
> would think monitoring alarm status (siren off/on) would be pretty simple.
> I'm unable to locate information on this topic though.

There's some company (can't remember the name) that has a product called
ADAM (Advanced Data Aquisition Module) that can monitor electric
currents in wires, but only if you patch the cable to the siren through
it. This might reduce security of the alarm though, so you're probably
better off with a decibel-meter or sound-detector. Those too can most
likely be plugged in to the ADAM module. I've got a plugin for the adam
stuff, but it's closed source (company time sort of thing) and would
most likely need an update. Let me know if you're interested and I'm
sure we can arrange something cheap.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer