Different alerts level for check_disk.

Erwin.Mascardo at intelsat.com Erwin.Mascardo at intelsat.com
Mon Apr 4 21:57:20 CEST 2005

<snip>

>But since the service description is the same, nagios
>complains when startup.
>Do I have to have two service descriptions (one for
>Disk Warn and other for Disk Critical) or is there
>another elegant option?

Nice thought, but you're going about it in the wrong direction. I had a
similar sort of problem when doing my configuration and got around it by
defining multiple contact listings for each person receiving notifications.
Here's one way to do it:

1) Combine these two services into a single one, with notification_options
w,c,r.
2) Create two separate contacts for yourself in your contact.cfg file, using
the following fragments as a guide:

define contact {
name    myname-email
service_notification_options    w,r
email   my.email.address at domain
# this contact has no pager address defined
}

define contact {
name    myname-pager
service_notification_options    c,r
pager   my.pager.number
# this contact has no email address defined
}

3) Add these contacts to the contact group which receives notifications for
this service.

Yes, this might mean each of your users has a number of different listings
in the contact.cfg file, depending on your notification and service setup.
But it's a lot better than getting inappropriate notifications, right?

Building on 40 Years of Leadership - As a global communications leader with 40 years of experience, Intelsat helps service providers,
broadcasters, corporations and governments deliver information and entertainment anywhere in the world, instantly, securely and reliably.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them
to be the views of Intelsat, Ltd. and its subsidiaries.