Missing cgi-files and where is the mail-notification plugin

Sebastian Grösche Sebastian.Groesche at neo-partners.com
Fri Apr 1 16:13:00 CEST 2005

Hi,
yesterday I got the excercise to install and configure Nagios to check if everything is OK with the companies server farm.
So I downloaded nagios-2.0b2.tar.gz and nagios-plugins-1.4.tar.gz and installed it on a suse linux 9.1 machine.
After checking the Manual and configuring everything, my first services (HTTP, SMTP and PING check) worked correctly and checked three servers. I installed the plugin ntray_1.0 to be warned when something ain't OK and everything seemed to be right. But there are some little (and bigger) problems.

1. Problem
When I'm looking on the Web-Interface and want to check the link 3-D Status Map I got a Download-Prompt where I can download the file statuswrl.cgi. Is this normal? I don't think so :-)

2. Problem
Several Links (Status Map, Trends, Alert Histogram) have no target (the CGI-Files not exists). Is it possible to compile them again or download them? Where can I get them.

3. Problem
I searched everything, I read in the manual for hours, checked google, the nagios-homepage but I never found a Tutorial how I could enable the email notification, am I just blind or is there really nothing about it?
The email should be send (when it's configured) over the internal mail server from our company and go to several contacts. That's the most important thing I'm working on.

I hope you can read everything and that my english ain't so bad.

Thx for reading

Sebastian Grösche